Monday 1 December 2008

I979 - Thurso

nigel-semmens-thurso-1979I stumbled across a box of old surf magazines in the garage this weekend. This picture is from Atlantic Surfer #4, photo by Andy Bennetts.

I asked Nigel about Thurso today as he shaped my new 7'0 semi-gun. Thurso is also one of my favourite breaks and location of my first deep reef barrel, and this is what he had to say...  "I became a bit obsessed with Thurso for a while - making 8 or 9 trips up there just to score some of those epic barrels. It was never really that cold but then I did normally go in Autumn".

What a girl - I used to go in March!!

1 comment:

  1. Tim - It would have been good to be asked before you posted one of my images. I run a photographic business, & retain copyright of all my images, regardless of where they have been used or sold previously. I look forward to receiving my fee!
    Regards, Andy Bennetts

    ReplyDelete